Ultimate Guide to Arkansas State Bar Exam
Arkansas State Bar Exam | Basic Information
The Arkansas Bar Association was formed in 1898. There are about 5,000 attorneys that are a part of the Arkansas State Bar Association.
Arkansas is one of 30+ states that have adopted the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE). Arkansas first administered the UBE in February 2020.
February 2020 (unknown takers)
View detailed statistics
February 2019 (132 takers)
|Access Period||Lifetime||3 months||4 months||4 months||Up to 3 years||Lifetime||5-7 months||5 months|
|Financing||3 payments||$250 registration|
|Phone||(385) 482-1776||(888) 322-7274||(888) 843-6476||(626) 390-7170||(877) 942-2763||(800) 529-2651||(877) 466-1250||N/A|
Crushendo’s written and audio outlines utilize 250+ proprietary mnemonics to help you memorize everything you need to know to pass the bar exam on your first try.
Crushendo’s UBE Suite costs $790 and includes 2,000+ official questions from the NCBE.
Crushendo offers lifetime access to its bar exam prep products.
The Harcourt publishing company founded Barbri in 1974 when it acquired two bar review programs. Since its founding Barbri has been owned by large firms, including Thomson Reuters and Leeds Equity Partners.
Barbri products have been used by more than a million law school students. In the last 20 years Barbri has settled multiple antitrust lawsuits.
Barbri’s bar prep programs cost $2,495-4,095 and include 100+ official NCBE questions from past bar exams.
Barbri offers access to its online products for three months.
Themis Bar Review is based in Chicago and was founded in 2008.
Themis publishes its pass rates publicly on its website.
Themis bar prep programs cost $1,595-2,695 and include an unknown amount of NCBE questions.
Themis offers access to its online products for four months.
Stanley Kaplan founded Kaplan, Inc. in 1938.
Kaplan jumped into the bar review space in 2006 when it acquired PMBR, a company that provides test prep for the MBE. In 2008 Kaplan expanded its bar review offerings.
Kaplan’s bar prep programs cost $2,299-3,999 and include 1,200+ NCBE questions.
Kaplan offers access to its online products for four months.
Alexander Nakis founded AmeriBar in 1999. It’s headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida.
AmeriBar’s bar exam prep programs cost $895-2,545 and include 1,400+ NCBE questions.
AmeriBar offers access to its online products for up to three years.
Michael Ghaffary and Mehran Ebadolahi founded BarMax in 2010.
BarMax’s bar exam prep programs cost $699-1,499 and include 1,905+ NCBE questions.
BarMax offers lifetime access to its online products.
Tarek Fadel founded AdaptiBar in 2003.
AdaptiBar’s bar exam prep programs cost $395-1,065 and include up to 1,700+ NCBE questions.
AdaptiBar offers access to its online products for 5-7 months.
Matt Sellers founded Quimbee in 2007.
Quimbee’s bar prep programs cost $499-999 and include up to 1,830+ NCBE questions.
Quimbee offers access to its online products for 5 months.
What’s the format of the UBE?
The Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) is administered twice each year in Arkansas (in February and July). The examination is administered over two days in four, three-hour sessions. The UBE has three parts: the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE), the Multistate Essay Exam (MEE), and the Multistate Performance Test (MPT).
The MBE is a six-hour test and consists of 200 multiple-choice questions that test your understanding across seven subjects. Your MBE score comprises 50% of your overall UBE score.
The MEE consists of six 30-minute legal essays. Your MEE score comprises 30% of your UBE score.
Arkansas bar exam essay topics may include the following: Business Associations, Civil Procedure, Conflict of Laws, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Procedure, Evidence, Family Law, Property, Secured Transactions, Torts, Trusts, Unincorporated Business Entities, Wills and Estates, etc.
Crushendo offers the most recent MEE questions and includes the point sheets that the graders used.
The MPT consists of two 90-minute tasks where you analyze and apply laws to specific scenarios. Your MPT score comprises 20% of your UBE score. Crushendo offers the most recent MPT questions and includes the point sheets that the graders used.
What’s the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination?
The Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) tests your understanding of established standards of conduct for lawyers. The MPRE is administered three times each year (in March, August, and November). The test consists of 60 multiple-choice questions and is two hours long. Check out this MPRE Tips video!
Upcoming Bar Exam Schedule, Dates, Location
Are you interested in taking the Arkansas State bar exam? Here’s some basic information on applying to take the Arkansas bar exam.
The Arkansas Bar application fee for most takers is $1,000.
*Visit the Arkansas State Bar’s website for more information.
If you desire to take the bar exam in February, the application deadline is November 1. If you want to take the July bar exam, the application deadline is April 1.
In addition to passing the Arkansas bar exam with a score of at least 270, there are several requirements that must be met in order to be admitted as an attorney in Arkansas, including:
- Score 85 or higher on the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) within the accepted time frame.
- Character and Fitness Review
Arkansas State Bar Admissions Office
625 Marshall Street
Little Rock, AR 72201
What to bring
- Your current driver’s license.
- Your Bar Examination Identification & Certification Card that has your photo, NCBE number, and examinee number.
- You need to have these items with you for each of the four testing sessions.
- Pens and pencils are provided to examinees.
- Laptop testers should not bring their laptop in a case or bag.
- Any item that can connect to the internet
- Any item that can record audio or video
- Food or drink
- Scratch papers
- Study materials
Arkansas Bar Review Course
Crushendo’s comprehensive UBE Suite comes with everything you need to crush the Arkansas bar exam.
- MBE, MEE, MPT, and MPRE Prep
- 250+ Proprietary Mnemonics
- 2,000+ Licensed NCBE Questions
- Audio Flashcards
- Lifetime Access
View past Arkansas Bar Exam pass lists:
Frequently Asked Questions
When are my Arkansas bar exam results released?
February bar exam results are usually posted in April. July bar exam results are usually posted in September.
Can I see my Arkansas bar exam score?
If you passed the Arkansas bar exam, you won’t be able to see your score.
Can I appeal to have my Arkansas bar exam re-graded?
How many times can I take the bar exam in Arkansas?
You can retake the UBE in Arkansas without any limit.
Applicants seeking admission to the Arkansas State Bar, without taking the bar exam, must comply with Reciprocity Requirements. If you are admitted to the bar in any state, territory, or district, you can be admitted to the Arkansas State Bar if you comply with the following requirements:
- Have proof of good standing in the bar in another state.
- Have proof of active legal standing in at least five of the last seven years.
- Have a degree from an ABA-approved law school.
Here’s a list of law schools in Arkansas.
Here are some Facebook groups you may find helpful before, and after, passing the bar exam:
University of Arkansas School of Law
- University of Arkansas School of Law: Environmental Law Society (22 members)
- International Law Society at the University of Arkansas School of Law (34 members)
- Delta Theta Phi – University of Arkansas School of Law (8 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Labor & Employment Law Society (5 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Bar Success Program (53 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Christian Legal Society (20 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Property Law Society (4 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Labor & Employment Law Society (5 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law (523 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Alumni (262 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Class of 2022 (105 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Class of 2021 (162 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Class of 2020 (145 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Class of 2019 (116 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Class of 2018 (109 members)
- University of Arkansas School of Law Class of 2017 (108 members)
William H. Bowen School of Law
- Christian Legal Society (CLS) UALR Bown School of Law (60 members)
- Criminal Law Association – Bowen School of Law (47 members)
- Federalist Society — UALR Bowen School of Law Chapter (78 members)
- UALR Bowen School of Law Friends (8 members)
- Black Law Students Association – William H. Bowen School of Law (4 members)
- Outlaw Legal Society – William H. Bowen School of Law (49 members)
More helpful resources and study materials to help you pass the Arkansas State Bar Exam: